Pinot Gris originated in France and has become popular worldwide, mainly as Pinot Grigio. It is boosted by wines of good value and wide distribution from Northern Italy (200 million bottles annually from its largest region (Pinot Grigio delle Venezie DOC). The following includes Gold and Master winners from the recent Global Pinot Gris Masters 2023 competition. For details on Silver and Bronze, click the link below to find fresh, fruity, and pleasurable wines from all over the world, most notably Australia, New Zealand, and Oregon.
Expert panelists were based in Britain, hence the prices in British Pounds. The current exchange rate is about $1.30 U.S. dollar for one Pound Sterling.
- Under £10 Unoaked: Mezzacorona, Domenica Pinot Grigio, 2022, Trentino, Italy, Gold; Mezzacorona had several Silver winners in this category.
- £10-£15 Unoaked: Albino Armani, Pinot Grigio DOC Delle Venezie, 2022, Veneto, Italy
- £15-£20 Unoaked: Ca’Bolani. Pinot Grigio Friuli Aquileia DOC, Friuli-Venezia, 2022, Giulia Italy; Joel Gott Oregon Pinot Gris, 2021, Willamette Valley, USA
- £20-£30 Unoaked: Botter, P.Lex Pinot Grigio delle Venezie DOC Organic, 2022, Veneto, Italy; Woodchester Valley, Pinot Gris, 2022, Gloucestershire, UK
- Under £10 Oaked: Azienda Agricola Aganis, Pinot Grigio DOC Friuli Colli Orientali, Friuli-Venezia, 2022, Giulia ltaly
- £10-£15 Oaked: Az. Agricola Ca’ di Rajo, Pinot Grigio DOC delle Venezie, 2022, Veneto, Italy
- £15-£30 Oaked: No Gold
- £30-£50 Oaked: Fantinel La Roncaia Pinot Grigio DOC Friuli Colli Orientali, Friuli-Venezia, 2021, Giulia, Italy (Master Award, the highest given); Mezzacorona, Musivum Pinot Grigio, 2018, Trentino, Italy (Master Award)
Complete Results: https://bit.ly/44pkIOL